Sunday 12 August 2012

A PERFECT DAY



“Well,then define your perfect day!!” my mom said.....and at this point of time i had already ran through hundreds of wish-lists and events in my mind to make my day a perfect one....but alas......with every new second my voracious mind would come up with something better!!  “come on......be faster”.....my mother now saw me with a crooked smile......mothers i tell you, with all the experience they can simply play safe even when you think that you have got them on your hook!!....and the more i thought the more i seemed jumbled to utilise what should have been a lifetime opportunity for me.

And well, that’s the incident which brings me to this topic “A Perfect Day”. I could not define a perfect day to my mother at the instant she called for it. Of course i could have placed demands like “i want to go to the moon” or “i want to buy the latest android phone”....but then it had to be something realistic (those demands would have been realistic for bill gates’ son!!). A day being perfect is a myth. It can always get better than that and there lies the problem. Man, perfection has always been a bitch!! An able friend of mine wrote this article on his blog-“perfectionism is killing”......well, it indeed is!! No matter how much we toil to make a day in our life a perfect one....but at the end of the day it is always something like this-“wish this would have happened too.....would have been much better”....at the end of the day we find ourselves compromising on some or the other aspects.

In the wake of this question in my mind i decided to interview some of my friends and the answers i got were hilarious indeed.......”i wish i could kill you with a newly bought AK-47!!”(that was a dear friend of mine whom i disturbed him while he was in deep sleep.....at 2 am!!).......
”i would ask for no bounds shopping for the whole day and would buy this and that and this and what not!!”(girls!!!!seriously??)......
”i would like to spent my whole day sitting in front of my computer and play counterstrike”(geeks.....what else to expect??)......
”i would ask my company to promote me and your bhabhi to put a tape on her mouth”(my sweet bro!!:-)).....

“come on....make it faster....i won’t keep waiting for you the whole day”.....my mom was sensing a victory. Soon i was going to lose my bargain power of blackmailing my mom to make me nice dishes and many things additional to that just because i am on a holiday and she was expected to make my holiday a good one....rather a perfect one. And that’s when my devil part of brain sprung into action.......”a movie with you and dad!! Is what i want...”.......my mom first saw me with bewildered eyes then gave the sweetest smile i had seen since i am here. ”Done” she said and went to call dad to book tickets. And obviously she missed out on my crooked plan-“make mom happy and she would do everything without any complaints”(devil me!!!!)

P.S.-we as our parents’ children are always allowed to take the luxury of irritating our parents....aren’t we??

No comments :

Post a Comment